Sunday, August 11, 2013

So...What Are We Doing Here?

A few years ago I ran a blog called "Distressed Reporter." Its audience never expanded beyond some friends,  a few spammers and some folks who happened to stumble across it by accident, but I enjoyed the experience.

I started the blog during the 2008 presidential campaign, and there was a lot of material. I wrote quite a lot about politics, but it was very much a general interest blog, a place where I would write about anything I wanted. That included a lot of posts about Florida athletics (far too many for most of my reader), Braves baseball and entertainment.

The intention with this blog is to focus far more extensively on...well, Andrew Writing About TV. Not exclusively, to be sure, but I hope to write quite a bit about television, movies, videogames and the other bits of pop culture that attract my attention.

What does that entail? Well, for now the blog is likely to get off to a slow start, with most network television still on its summer vacation. Weekly reviews of The Newsroom will start immediately, and you can expect a new post on that topic tomorrow morning. Once other shows I watch with frequency return to circulation, I intend to review them in this space as well.

But what I'm most excited about is watching and reviewing some of the classic shows that I missed during their original runs. That includes The Sopranos, The Wire, Rome and, presumably, other shows that aren't available to me on HBOGO.

I still have to work out the precise details for those classic reviews. But it is a remarkable opportunity to catch up with some shows I've heard so much about over the years.

So, keep an eye on this space. Let's see what we can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment